Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A taste of the high life

As mentioned in the last post I’m off to stay at a luxury lodge for a night next week. Te Mata Cheeses and Summerlee Luxury Lodge share owners and as a result some of my co-workers, my category managers and myself are off to live it up for a night. Summerlee Lodge is the old farmstead house on the Summerlee Sheep Station which sits on Cape Kidnappers in the Hawesbay, a place famous for it garnet colony.

The lodge is attached to a boutique winery and has views out over the ocean. A North Italian chef is coming to cook us a meal and no doubt there will be wine and cheese laid on. Try as I have I don’t care for wine so I have just packed a bag of goodies to tide me over. Boon Geuze, Adnams Broadside, Thomas Hardies Ale and Chimay Grande Reserve should keep me happy while the grape juice flows. Its a hard life ...

No comments: