Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Bride Ale

So you reckon you’re a pretty prolific home-brewer? You think you have brewed a fair bit of beer in your time? Well this weekend is the culmination of several months work when I will be providing the draught beer for my friend Chet’s wedding. I have a golden ale, a stout and an amber ale prepared for the day. The 650 guests will have the potential to empty my reserves in one round if they all decide try my beer but we all know that wont happen.. Most of the guests won’t be drinking beer, and of the beer drinkers most won’t touch anything that isn’t yellow and fizzy.

Hopefully my ales will go down well, it’s always a nervous situation when you serve up your wares to strangers, it will be a fantastic day what ever happens.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That said it's a fantastic feeling when folks like your ale.

Barry Hannah said...

Hope it goes down well Kieran, I did the same thing only a few weeks back, but my beers never made it to the wedding day and the general public. Shame, I was all keyed up, 3 full kegs. They got drunk though, 2 stag do's and a post wedding bbq put pay to them. Still would've been nice to serve them up to all the guests. Post back with the results eh.

Anonymous said...

I am sure they will go down well with the crowd. Even if it is the price and nothing else!

I always get nervous when somebody has one of my brews - have never brewed for 650 though!

Mark Edwards said...

I'm sure all the guests who like beer will enjoy your stuff. If they don't like them, then they're welcome to their yellow pi55.

Good luck and report back

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Hope it went well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.